Data Protection, Privacy and Communications Policy of the RACMT dated 22 Mar 2019.
This website is administered by HQ RAC on behalf of the The Royal Armoured Corps Memorial Trust (RACMT), a registered charity. This policy covers data concerning members of the RACMT and any personal data collected by the RACMT or through any other connection with the RACMT, or its regiments, associations, museums and clubs or from whatever source.
Our main contact address is: HQ RAC, Allenby Barracks, Bovington, BH20 6JA.
The RACMT takes the privacy of our members and supporters very seriously. At the RACMT we are strongly committed to protecting your privacy and every reasonable effort is taken to ensure that your information is kept secure and intact. This policy describes how the RACMT collects and uses personal information about the people who give us their data including but not limited to by phone, face-to-face, through our website, by email and in writing. This policy also states how and why we use data, how we store it and how individual personal preferences can be amended.
The terms of this policy may change, so please check it from time to time. This version, supersedes all previous versions.
If you have any queries about this policy please contact HQ RAC:
E-Mail: XO HQ RAC
Phone: 01929 403653
The RACMT Privacy Statement
• Your personal information is only used for the purpose for which we collect it.
• Your personal information is only seen by those who need it to do their jobs.
• We will only disclose data with your consent, or where we are obliged to disclose personal data by law, or as expressly permitted under the GDPR (through contract; legal obligation; vital interests; public task; or legitimate interests).
• We will endeavour to keep your information up to date. Inaccurate or misleading data will be corrected as soon as possible.
• Personal information is retained only for as long as it is required for the purpose collected, or as required by law.
• Your information will be protected from unauthorised or accidental disclosure and processed in an appropriate manner to maintain its integrity and confidentiality.
• We will provide you with a copy of your personal information on request (please see below for information on access rights and requests).
These principles apply whether we hold your information in hard copy or in electronic form.
How do we collect information?
If you provide services to the RACMT, we will collect information in line with your contract for services.
We obtain personal information from you when you join the RACMT Trust as a member, or support our organisation, or through contact through our activities.
We will only ever collect the information that we need, including data that will be useful to help improve our services.
What information do we collect?
The personal information we collect will include but is not limited to, name, nick name, service number, date of birth, dates of service, email address, postal address and telephone numbers.
We may also collect special categories of personal data such as information about your health if this is required for the purpose you have contacted the RACMT. We collect special categories of personal data only if we are permitted to do so by data protection law, and we have additional measures in place to protect this data.
Why do we collect this information?
We collect this information for the purpose of promoting the aims of the the RACMT, communicating effectively and appropriately with our members and supporters. The lawful basis for which we process your information is:
• your consent;
• processing is necessary for the performance of the RACMT. If you fail to
• provide this information we may be unable to perform as efficiently.
• processing is necessary to protect your interests or that of another person;
• processing is necessary for the purpose of the legitimate interest pursued by us, except
• where your rights as a data subject override our legitimate interest. The legitimate interest
• we rely upon is subject to an assessment based on the specific context and circumstances.
How do we use this information?
We will use the information you provide in the ways set out below:• Promote the aims of the RACMT;
• To provide and personalise our services to our members and supporters;
• To communicate with our members and supporters, dealing with your enquiries and requests, recording contact with you if needed;
• To provide you with information, to include but not limited to information about the Royal Armoured Corps, events, news, association, museums, sports, projects, fundraising and how you can donate to our charities;
• To claim Gift Aid on your donations;
• To conduct market research;
• For administrative purposes.
Do we share your information with anybody else?
We do not share your personal information with any other parties, however we may need to disclose your information if required to do so by law or as expressly permitted under applicable data protection legislation.We do not sell personal details to third parties.Our website may include links to websites run by other organisations. The RACMT is not responsible for the privacy practices of these other websites so you should read their privacy policies carefully before sharing any personal or financial data.
Storing and protecting your information
We recognise the concerns that many people have about giving personal information.
We place great importance on the security of all personally identifiable information associated with our RACMT members. We have security measures in place to protect against the loss, misuse and alteration or destruction of personal data under our control. Information is stored by us on secure computers. We may also store information in hardcopy paper files. We also use a secure connection for our website.
However, no data transmission over the internet is 100% secure. As a result, whilst we cannot absolutely guarantee that loss, misuse or alteration of data will not occur while it is under our control. We use our best efforts to prevent this and protect your personal information. Except as required by law, we will keep your information only for as long as we need it to provide you with the services of being a member of the RACMT, or as RACMT otherwise requires. When your information is no longer required, we will always dispose of it securely.
Transfer of Information Outside of the EU
Given that the Internet is a global environment, using it to collect and process personal data necessarily involves the transmission of data on an international basis. This means for instance that data you pass to us may be processed outside the European Economic Area, although the data will always be held securely and we will take steps to ensure that any third-party organisation we engage to process data on our behalf provides an adequate level of protection in accordance with GDPR. By submitting your personal information, you agree to this transfer, storing or processing at a location outside the EEA.
The RACMT is concerned to protect the privacy of children aged under 13. We will not knowingly request or collect information from a child under 13 for any purpose.
You have a right to object to the RACMT processing your personal information at any time where we rely on our legitimate interests for doing so. Such a request must be sent to the RACMT. RACMT will always act upon your choices around what type of communications you want to receive and how you want to receive them. If you don't want to hear from us please inform the RACMT team.You have a right to ask us to confirm whether we are processing information about you, and to request access to this information ('right of access'). Please contact us at the address below for further information on how to request access.
E-Mail: XO HQ RAC
Phone: 01929 403653
You may ask us, or we may ask you, to rectify information you or we think is inaccurate, and you may also ask us to remove information which is inaccurate or add to information, which is incomplete ('right to rectification'). If your personal details change, please help us to keep your information up to date by notifying us at the address below:
E-Mail: XO HQ RAC
Phone: 01929 403653
You have a right to obtain your personal data from us and reuse it for your own purposes, perhaps for another service, without hindering the usability of the data ('right of portability'). This right does not apply where processing is necessary for the performance of a task carried out in the public interest, or in the exercise of official authority vested in us.
You have a right to seek the erasure of your data (often referred to as the 'right to be forgotten'). If you may wish to exercise this right for any reason, for example where it is no longer necessary for us to continue holding or processing your personal data you may withdraw your consent. You should note that we are entitled to and reserve the right to retain your data for statistical purposes. This right is not absolute, as we may need to continue processing this information, for example, to comply with our legal obligations, or for reasons of public interest.
You have a right to ask us to restrict our processing of your information ('right to restriction ') if:
• You contest its accuracy and we need to verify whether it is accurate
• The processing is unlawful and you ask us to restrict use of it instead of erasing it,
• We no longer need the information for the purpose of processing, but you need it to establish or defend legal claims,
• You have objected to processing of your information being necessary for the performance of a task carried out in the public interest, or for the purposes of our legitimate interests. The restriction would apply while we carry out a balancing act between your rights and our legitimate interests,
• You exercise your right to restrict processing, we would still need to process your information for the purpose of exercising or defending legal claims, protecting the rights of another person or for public interest reasons.
• If you would like to exercise any of your rights above, please contact the Data Protection Officer, unless we have provided specific contact details in respect of one of the rights we have set out. We will act in accordance with your instructions as soon as reasonably possible and there will be no charge.
• You have a right to report any of your concerns about our use of your data to the Information Commissioner's Office. You may do so by calling their helpline at 0303 123 1113.
Trademarks and copyright
The RACMT website contains material which is protected by copyright and/or other intellectual property rights. All copyright and intellectual property rights including the names, images and logos are owned by RACMT unless otherwise stated. All rights are reserved.
You are responsible for complying with all applicable copyright laws. We permit you to make copies of information on the RACMT website as necessary incidental acts during your viewing and you may take a print for your personal use of so much of the site as is reasonable for private purposes. All other uses are prohibited. Nothing in these terms shall be construed as conferring any right to use any trademark, logo, patent right or copyright of RACMT.